Saturday, June 25, 2011

ganon


Click to enlarge.

"His breath can be seen, it is forceful."

I drew the top half of Ganon first, on a pretty big sheet of paper. I decided to add on, so I taped another sheet on below. I do this all the time. I think this take on Ganon gives him a lot longer legs than usual, but I like how this makes him look powerful and giant. I thought of Clayface from Batman: The Animated Series when drawing his upper body, especially in regard to the creases and bumps on his skin, and how light and shadow would show his form through strong, interesting shapes.

I have finally figured out how to adjust the settings of this blog so that I can display images larger in the post. I've gone back and enlarged a lot of images from previous posts. It really helps with the wider compositions. Take a scroll down and check it out.

On an unrelated note, this Russian animated version of Winnie the Pooh is really awesome:

5 comments:

Chocolate Extacy said...

Thats dope!

Jeremy Rumas said...

Thanks CE! You still in Hawaii?

Anonymous said...

I really like the rendering, and the choice of costume design is interesting.

My only crit is that his arms aren't proportional to the rest of his body, and the anatomy seems off.

Jeremy Rumas said...

You bring up some good points, Anonymous....maybe a result of drawing this one on a really big piece of paper without taking the time to step back and take a look from across the room? I guess I could say there are no proper proportions for a creature that doesn't exist though too, hehe.

Jeremy Rumas said...

one more excuse...I started this drawing on only the top sheet of paper, I was trying to fit his arms and hands on that top page, seriously!